Monday, May 11, 2009

It's official!!

It's official! My oldest daughter has passed me up in height!! A couple of weeks ago Cassie looked at me and said, "Mom I think I am taller than you." I told her that I was sure that she wasn't. But just to make sure we both ran to the mirror, and while standing side by side we both stood up as straight and tall as we could. Well, it was hard to tell for sure, but as much as I wanted to deny it, it looked like she might be right. We kind of forgot about it until yesterday-Mother's day. When Cassie brought it up again, Stan immediately ran to find the yard stick. Well...pictures don't lie. I can't deny it any longer. The yardstick is definitely leaning down on my end! I am 5'5" tall. Cassie is 13 1/2 yrs. old and looks to be almost 5'6". She's always been tall and skinny. When she was a baby, her percentages were always 90th percentile in height and 10th percentile in weight! I think that probably still holds true. You can imagine how impossible it is to find pants that fit her!!

5 comments:

Wendy Phelps said...

Haley finally passed me up a couple of months ago. But she is 16 not 13!

Shelly Beutler said...

Ha! Now you know how I feel! Three of my children are taller than me (not hard to do)! I would love for my girls to be your height though! We'll see where they all end up. We have to do a lot of hemming of pants around here - I have a hard time imagining pants that are too short! Now, if we can prevent ourselves from "shrinking" in our older years ...:)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. But she is so gorgeous, that it's worth it right? Jordan passed me up earlier this year, and I'm 5'9. He's just shy of 6 foot right now and he's 15.

Rasheta Family said...

Wow, I expect Robyn to do the same in a couple of years. Although 5'1" isn't hard to pass up! :)

Rachel M said...

Tall and thin. Lucky girl. I think I passed my mom up when I was ten. I don't think she's ever forgiven me.