As I mentioned before, Stan and I grew some beautiful Sunflowers in our garden this year. Really big sunflowers! Well, the flowers have been drooping for a while now and we finally decided to cut them down. It was amazing to see the hundreds of sunflower seeds in each flower. Stan decided to pick them all out and roast them in the oven. I don't know why I'm the one in the picture. Stan's the one that did all the work. :)

And this isn't even all the sunflower seeds. After seasoning and roasting them, the sunflower seeds tasted...well, just okay. They're nothing like the store bought, but if we were starving, we would eat them. :) It was fun trying it out.
3 comments:
That is COOL!!
Nice job...very "provident" of you. If there were a good use for weeds; I'd actually be doing something right. Until then, I need to repent (or at least mow my lawn).
-Matt
VERY COOL!
Salted or unsalted!
Post a Comment