
I’ve been thinking about “beauty”. I’ve been thinking about the beauty within all of us. I’ve been thinking about how the world’s standard of beauty is so different from God’s. I hate how we are all so hard on ourselves because we don’t measure up to the world’s view of what is beautiful. This is Satan’s plan…to diminish our self esteem and to make us feel worthless by putting into our minds the idea that we have to look like this, we have to dress like that, we have to have this, and we have to have that… in order to be beautiful. Satan does not want us to know and feel the truth…that each of us are indeed beautiful!! It doesn’t matter what we look like, it doesn’t matter what we wear, it doesn’t matter how smart we are, and it doesn’t matter what kind of material possessions we do or don’t have. God has a perfect love for each of us. We are his children and are priceless and beautiful to Him.
As this is something we probably all struggle with, we have to remind ourselves that it’s what is on the inside that makes a person beautiful. And it is when we walk with God and try to become more like Christ that our real beauty shines through.
So, to all of you who are reading my blog, I want to say that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! And YES, I do mean YOU!!!
I normally don’t have a playlist on my blog, but as I was thinking about “beauty”, I remembered a song on one of Cassie’s Jenny Phillips CD’s entitled “To Become Like Him” and I wanted to share it with you. Here are the lyrics to the song, and if you want to see a short video which talks about this very subject, click on the link and then click on "watch video...To Be Like Him"
http://www.jennyphillips.com/freedownloads_pg/lyrics/yw2008_stars.htm
You look around you
And you wonder if you’ll measure up
In this world it seems you many never be enough
Don’t let anyone convince you that it’s true
So much beauty lives inside of you
And you are enough
Just look up
Remember you are greatest
When you walk with God
When His light is in your eyes
You are truly strong
You don’t have to prove your beauty
In the eyes of men
You are divine within
You were sent here to become like Him
When you’re uncertain
Of the place you hold and who you are inside
He will share with you your part in His design
Seek for His meekness
Seek to emulate His life
And you will feel Him always by your side
You have His love
Just look up
Remember you are greatest
When you walk with God
When His light is in your eyes
You are truly strong
You don’t have to prove your beauty
In the eyes of men
You are divine within
You were sent here to become like Him
Holiness, love, good works, mercy
To be like Him
Charity, hope, truth, and wisdom
To be like Him
Remember you are greatest
When you walk with God
When His light is in your eyes
You are truly strong
You don’t have to prove your beauty
In the eyes of men
You are divine within
You were sent here to become like Him
As this is something we probably all struggle with, we have to remind ourselves that it’s what is on the inside that makes a person beautiful. And it is when we walk with God and try to become more like Christ that our real beauty shines through.
So, to all of you who are reading my blog, I want to say that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! And YES, I do mean YOU!!!
I normally don’t have a playlist on my blog, but as I was thinking about “beauty”, I remembered a song on one of Cassie’s Jenny Phillips CD’s entitled “To Become Like Him” and I wanted to share it with you. Here are the lyrics to the song, and if you want to see a short video which talks about this very subject, click on the link and then click on "watch video...To Be Like Him"
http://www.jennyphillips.com/freedownloads_pg/lyrics/yw2008_stars.htm
You look around you
And you wonder if you’ll measure up
In this world it seems you many never be enough
Don’t let anyone convince you that it’s true
So much beauty lives inside of you
And you are enough
Just look up
Remember you are greatest
When you walk with God
When His light is in your eyes
You are truly strong
You don’t have to prove your beauty
In the eyes of men
You are divine within
You were sent here to become like Him
When you’re uncertain
Of the place you hold and who you are inside
He will share with you your part in His design
Seek for His meekness
Seek to emulate His life
And you will feel Him always by your side
You have His love
Just look up
Remember you are greatest
When you walk with God
When His light is in your eyes
You are truly strong
You don’t have to prove your beauty
In the eyes of men
You are divine within
You were sent here to become like Him
Holiness, love, good works, mercy
To be like Him
Charity, hope, truth, and wisdom
To be like Him
Remember you are greatest
When you walk with God
When His light is in your eyes
You are truly strong
You don’t have to prove your beauty
In the eyes of men
You are divine within
You were sent here to become like Him


3 comments:
I absolutly love this, I think it is so true and so important for all of us to realize how beautiful we are! What a great blog!
Crissie, thank you so much for this post. You don't know how much I needed to hear these simple words. I appreciate the comments you left for me. It's so nice to be reminded that even when we don't see it, others see our worth. I'm thankful for your friendship and your post! :)
I think I'm going to read this post on your blog every day. ;) What happens when you are not beautiful on the inside? :) I have been trying to be a nicer person lately. I know some people don't struggle with being nice, charitable and service oriented but lately I've been thinking I do and need some improvement. My intentions are there I just don't execute them. Good thing the Lord is patient and merciful while I try and learn to be more beautiful on the inside.
Post a Comment