On Sunday, my sweet 5 year old Dallin informed me that he was going to make me breakfast in bed on Monday morning! He was SO excited about this plan of his and couldn’t stop talking about it. He kept whispering to me during church telling me how great it was going to be!
Dallin actually followed through with his plans and woke me up this morning with a breakfast tray in hand. He was one excited little boy! I sat up in bed, gave him a big hug and took a look at my breakfast. My breakfast consisted of… water in a Winnie the Pooh cup, apple slices in a bowl (Cassie helped him with that part), and a SANDWICH!! Oh so cute!! I have to tell you though that I was a little nervous about what might be in this sandwich he made all by himself. I carefully lifted the top of the sandwich, and there lay 2 slices of Kraft Cheese Singles. No meat…no mayonnaise…just 2 Cheese slices. Oh boy! Now I don’t know about you, but processed cheese slices are not my favorite. I usually leave those for the kids. I prefer the real stuff! So what’s a mom to do? Well, I did what any mom would do. I took a bite and although I struggled to swallow even that first bite, I told him how wonderfully delicious it was! I continued to eat my sandwich as Dallin stood there watching me “savoring” every bite! I kept thinking, “Is he really going to stand there watching me eat this until it’s gone?” Oh mercy!! I didn’t know how I was going to get this whole thing down. Fortunately for me, Dallin had to leave for a minute. After he ran out the door I quickly tore off a big chunk of sandwich, hid it under my covers and quickly resumed eating. After Dallin came back in, I said, “Well…I guess I better take my shower now.” Dallin replied with, “Well then you better hurry and eat your sandwich!” After convincing him that I really needed to hurry and take my shower, I thanked him, gave him a big hug and said, “You are an AMAZING son!”, with which he quickly replied, “You mean Chef!!” Yes Dallin, that is what I meant. My sweet Dallin is one amazing Chef!!
Cassie took these pictures before Dallin came in to wake me up.
My Breakfast
So excited to wake me up and bring me my breakfast
After taking Cassie and Parker to school, Dallin came up to me and said, “Mom! I forgot that I was going to cut your sandwich with a cookie cutter! (Ya, that would’ve been nice…less sandwich to eat) And then came the question I most feared. “Mom!! How about I make you another sandwich??” “…….Gulp…….Oh Dallin, that is so nice of you, but I couldn’t possibly eat another sandwich. I am so full! How about you make yourself a sandwich?” Lucky for me, Dallin thought that was a great idea, “Okay” he said. “But you can have half of it!!” Oh my!!! So Dallin went into the kitchen, made his cookie cutter sandwich and brought it in to show me. “Are you sure you don’t want it Mom??” After assuring him that I was full, he exclaimed “I have a great idea! I’ll give it to my brother and sister!” hee, hee, hee…Cassie & Parker will be “so excited” to see what they get to eat for their after school snack. :)
Well, because I was “really full” after “eating” my sandwich, I didn’t dare sit down and eat my morning cereal in front of Dallin…even though I was starving! So I waited until 10 am, ate a banana, and then after I took him to school at noon I came home and ate my morning cereal!!! If I can eat a sandwich for breakfast, then I can most definitely eat cereal for lunch right??
There’s one thing I know for certain…I have the most wonderful, amazing, and adorable 5 year old in the world!! How did I get to be so lucky?? Let’s just hope that this breakfast in bed doesn’t happen TOO often. :)


11 comments:
oh too cute crissie! what a sweet son you have. i love cereal for lunch;) Ps you look cute in the morning!
That is so adorable! Seriously, what a sweet boy! And what a good Mom for "eating" it all!
What a cutie! That boy is so sweet. Where do they get these ideas?! And thanks for taking care of dessert yesterday!
that's sooo cute!
Too cute!! Dallin is so sweet. You sure look good fist thing in the morning.
Yup, Dallin is a keeper. You have a wonderful family.
You are a funny story teller! I was totally laughing! :)
Precious moments. I'm sure in just a few years, he'll have his culinary skills developed (with such wonderful encouragement), and you'll be served baked french toast and breakfast quiches and such! I liked the flowers - nice touch there! You're a GREAT mom Crissie and you have wonderful kids:) Life is very good!
He actually did it! How dependable.
What a great mom you are! eating the processed cheese and everything....a real trooper!
I love your blog!
Jill :)
He sure is a cute kid Crissie! And I feel your pain! Garrett made me a PB&J with banana on a hot dog bun. I was pregnant to boot and it was all could do to choke that thing down without barfing on myself:) So kudos to you for forcing that thing down with a smile!!
Post a Comment