Sunday, September 5, 2010

Glimpses of our Summer

The summer of 2010 was as busy as ever.  Every summer I always make the mistake of thinking that life will slow down and that maybe I’ll actually get a few projects done.  It never turns out that way.  Somehow summer ends up being just as busy as the rest of the year…just in a different way.  Although we didn’t take any fancy vacations…unless you call Girls camp and Scout camp “fancy” :) , we stayed busy and enjoyed the little extra time we had to spend with family and friends.

 

Here are a few things we did this summer.

 

This Summer…

*We slept under the stars in the backyard… “We” meaning Stan and the kids.  I was content to sleep in my own bed. :)

009

Pretending to be asleep when I went outside to check on them. :)

012

*Dallin received his T-ball trophy.  THIS is the reason why he joined T-ball…to get a trophy.  He had been looking forward to this all season long. 

010 

I had to get a snapshot of him looking at his trophy the next morning while he was eating his cereal.

003

 

*Cassie worked on “Personal Progress” goals for Young Womens.  She wanted to learn how to cook for one of her projects.

009

002

 

*The Wii Fit helped us keep in shape. :)  Cassie and Parker doing yoga with cousins.

001

 

*We spent lots of time swimming with cousins at Uncle Jared & Aunt Tara’s house.

Swimming 1

Swimming 2 

 *We went to the Circus with the Roberts family.  Grandpa Roberts charted a bus to get us there.

Circus 1 

circus 2 

*We had to say goodbye to our sweet friends and neighbors Misty, Alex, Isabelle and Penny.  Much to our dismay they moved away. We really miss them. 

002 

005

 

*Cassie learned how to make a fondant cake in Young Womens.

003

 

*Parker received his 1st and 2nd class ranks in Scouts.

005

 

*We played in the sprinklers…really I just liked this picture and wanted to include it. :)

005

*We said goodbye to our little Gabby girl.  She was our first hamster and we didn’t have her for very long.  Our nephew Matthew gave her to us for Christmas last year.  We don’t know what happened.  She seemed fine.  We went swimming one day and came back to find that she wasn’t moving.  We all cried.  I know, I know, it’s just a hamster.  But she was the cutest little thing and we miss her.  Parker took it the hardest.  He spent more time with her than any of us.

001

004

I love this little hamster cave that Aunt Linda made for Gabby.

IMGP1341[1] 

We buried her in our backyard cemetery next to our parakeet “Sweet Pea”.  Rest in Peace Gabby.

097

 

*We had cousin spend the nights.  Cassie has a tradition of inviting 3 of her younger girl cousins-Tristan, Elly and Dennalei over for a sleepover.

019

 012

She loves to pamper them by doing their hair.

010

 

*We had the privilege of attending our oldest Nephew’s (on my side of the family) Eagle Court of Honor.  Great job Kyle!  This is a 3 generation picture of Eagle Scouts…My Dad, my brother Kent and his son Kyle. 

006 

*Soon after that we had to say goodbye to Kyle. Dang! Too many goodbyes this summer! But this was a happy goodbye.  Kyle left to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Phillipines.  He was so excited to go.  He will make an AWESOME missionary! We are so proud of him!  We will miss him, but going on a mission is the best thing a 19 yr. old boy could ever do.  It always amazes me to see the growth these boys experience in the 2 years they are serving the Lord.  It’s really true that they leave as boys and come back men.  I hope that my boys will follow Kyle’s example and go on missions someday.

013

So there you have it…a little glimpse into our 2010 summer! 

3 comments:

chaos said...

awesome! cassie needs to eat that whole cake, however! hee hee hee.

Loree said...

great glimpses of summer crissie! I should simplify my blogging and group it all into one post! looks like a great summer! fun fun and more fun.... except for the death of your sweet little hamster. so sorry :( so sad I had a hamster once. good old cocomo! loved that little fur ball :)

Susanne said...

Dallin is at such a funny age. He has such a loving family to enjoy him.