Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Catch-Up

Time for some catch-up! It’s been a while since I’ve posted. The last couple of months have been a whirlwind!! Let’s see if I can cover it all in one post without making it a book.  :)   On May 1st I was released from my church calling as Stake nursery leader and sustained as ward Relief Society president…yikes!!! Needless to say, things have been a little busy over here. This calling has definitely been a huge learning experience for me, and I still have so much to learn.  Although this calling has been a real challenge, it has also been a real blessing in my life, and has helped me grow in ways that I’ve needed to grow.  I know that I won’t be the perfect R.S. president, but I will do my best and hope that everyone will be understanding of my inadequacies and imperfections. Stan was also released as Scoutmaster and 2nd counselor in Young Mens, and called to be the Scout Advancement Chair and also a teacher in the High Priest group. 

Now onto the kids…

The boys had a great baseball season with Uncle Matt.

Go D-backs!!!

001

015

Go Royals!!!

057

055

All the Kindergarten classes put on a cute little end of the year “musical”.  Dallin sang his heart out!

DSC00015

Dallin did great in Kindergarten this year and LOVED his teachers Mrs. Pemberton and Assistant teacher Mrs. Hofeling.  They were amazing!!

013

012

 

Parker had a blast at the 6th grade field trip at Prescott’s Sky-Y Camp.  

IMG_0169

001

IMG_0196

 

Here we are with our brand new nephew Trevin who was born in May.  My sister Merilana has twice as many kids as we do now!!

021

 

Cassie did great in her last concert of the year.  She was also inducted into the National Honor Society for next year. We are so proud of her accomplishments! 

003

 

Parker officially graduated from 6th grade! I can’t believe he’s onto Jr. High next year! We are so proud of Parker for receiving the President’s Education Award for Academic Excellence.

025

Parker was also blessed with an amazing teacher, Mrs. Smith.  She made learning fun! We’re sad that she won’t be at Patterson next year.

037

 

Cassie really enjoyed girls camp this year.  She had the opportunity to go on the 4th year adventure this year. They did canoeing, crawdad catching, archery, balloon volleyball and other fun things. 

Cassie and her friend Shelby who unfortunately moved to Utah last month. :(

002

The fearless 4th year leaders, Leonard and Loree.  What a fun couple! Cassie didn’t take many pictures, so I’m stealing a few of the pictures they took.  Thanks guys. :)

012

032

Cassie with her awesome Young Women’s leader April Speelmon

001

Cassie with friends Kelsey, Raylee and Katie

002

 

In June, Parker went on a 5 day Scout Campout. 

015

Stan was able to go up for 2 of the 5 days.

025

037

064

1 comment:

Mom Roberts said...

Your family is just amazing. You will be a wonderful R.S. President. Congrats to you and Stan on your new callings.