Monday, June 22, 2009

"Believing is Seeing"


It's NOT "Seeing is Believing"...

It's "Believing is Seeing".


I heard someone once say this and it really stuck with me. I have found this to be so true in my own life. When it comes to God and eternal truths, people tend to say, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” But I’ve learned throughout my life that this is not how it works. This is not how God works. It is when we make the choice to have faith and believe that we begin to “see”.




“…faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.” (Ether 12:6-Book of Mormon)



"But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true.” (Ether 4:11)



“For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.” (Ether 12:12)

3 comments:

Cherene said...

So true! It's funny how that works. So many things about the gospel seem hard at first glance, but once you open your eyes, it is a blessing instead of a trial. Thanks for sharing!

Shelly Beutler said...

Wow. Very true! Thanks for your words of inspiration. I wish all people would "see" the truth to "believing is seeing." Maybe as they "see" good examples around them (fruits of the Spirit), they'll want to believe . . . and then really see.

lenseigne said...

Thanks for sharing that, I can feel the sweetness of your spirit. You and Stan have a beautiful family!