Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Cassie went rappelling???

Stan and Cassie had a church youth campout in September.  One of the activities on Saturday was rappelling.  When I heard that they were doing rappelling, I thought, “there’s no way that Cassie will do it.”  Why did I think this? Because Cassie is SO much like me, and there’s no way that I would have gone rappelling at her age.  Well, I was surprised to hear that she actually did it! You go girl!!
 collage 1


collage 2


collage 3

Because she went down so slow, Stan was able to snap some pictures at the top of the mountain, and then run down the mountain to take some more from the bottom of the mountain. :)  It’s nice to have both angles.
collage 5

You’re almost there Cassie!!!
collage 4


 collage 6

5 comments:

Rachel M said...

I don't know if I would go repelling either! at any age! I'm totally scared of heights:) So way to go Cassie!! I'm impressed!

Matt Peterson said...

You are awesome, Cassie! You look like a pro. I'm glad you had a good time.

Wendy Phelps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Phelps said...

Way to go Cassie! Those first few steps are the worst!
Rappelling is actually spelled with an 'a' and double 'p'. Repelling has a completely different meaning. :)From your friendly (and slightly annoying) neighborhood spell-checker.

Linda said...

Does she know that her father used to do this for some of his dates?