In our church, when the boys turn 12 they have the opportunity to receive the Aaronic Priesthood if they are worthy and so desire. On August 8, 2010 Parker received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained a Deacon by his Dad. It was a special day. Those that participated in the circle were (from Left to Right), Bishop Aaron Stephens, David Roberts (grandfather), Stan, Stephen Phelps (grandfather) and Corey Kennedy (uncle). Parker is so blessed to have so many righteous examples in his life.
What a special kid!! We are SO proud of him. He loves being a Deacon and the responsibilities that come with it. I am beyond blessed to have Parker as my son! I feel so honored that Heavenly Father would send such a special child to my home.
A couple of weeks after his birthday, Parker was able to celebrate with some of his friends and cousins.
David, Tait, Ryan, Bryce, Jacob, Andrew, Brent, Parker, Jake and Grant
After we had cake and icecream and opened up presents, we took the boys bowling. We had the best time! We found a GREAT deal on citydeals.com for a bowling alley close to us. Thanks Merilana. :) We were able to get a $100 gift certificate for only $30! Score!! All 10 boys, plus Stan were able to bowl 2 games. It was so much fun. They were even nice enough to take us in the back and show us how it all works! Very cool.
Oh ya…I’m good!! :)
Happy 12th Birthday Sweet Parker! I love you!!


4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!!! fun post crissie! and a fine looking young man you have there as well :) I enjoy reading your blog :) ps it does stink getting behind! hooray to one more blog post checked off the list :)
What a cute kid! It's so fun--and sad at the same time--to see them grow up. I love the updates on your family! (And it helps take away some of the shock when we have the annual family get-togethers... I'm at least a little bit prepared to see all the kids getting so much taller and older!)
Parker is such a great kid! Glad he had fun celebrating his big birthday. :)
Such a cute boy. He always looks so happy. I love that you got a picture of those standing in the circle at his ordination. I love it so much that I think I'm going to copy it for when my boys advance in the priesthood. Thanks for the great idea Crissie.
Post a Comment