So today I went to the Chiropractor. Not my favorite place to be-I hate any kind of Doctors and Dentists. I don't know if anybody else has TMJ (Jaw) problems, but I have had major problems with my jaw the past many years. I have been going to the dentist 2 to 3 times a month for the past year in trying to resolve this issue. For a year now, I have been wearing a ridiculously uncomfortable and obnoxious orthotic which is supposed to help the TMJ (I always take it out when I leave the house if you're wondering why you haven't noticed it.). Unfortunately, neither the orthotic or treatments have helped anything. So, my dentist is now sending me to a Chiropractor to see if he can help. We viewed the x-rays that he took the other day, and he showed me how messed up I am. He is hopeful that he can help me with my TMJ and the daily headaches that I've been experiencing the past many years (ya, I go through a lot of tylenol). Well, like I mentioned I really hate going to Doctors and Dentists. It's always been a big fear of mine. I told Stan before I went in today that if the Dr. tells me that I have to come see him 2 times every week, that I think I might cry. Much to my surprise, he didn't tell me that I needed to come in twice a week. He told me that I needed to come in 4 times a week!!!!!!! You should have seen my deformed jaw drop to the floor! What is he thinking??? I don't have time for this! Doesn't he know that I have blogging to do!! :) So I am on the 40 visit plan. I start with 4 times a week, then down to 3, then down to 2. And this is on top of continuing the 2 to 3 times a month dental visits. Wo is me!! Poor Crissie! C'mon, let's all say it together "Po-o-o-r Crissie" (jk!!). I really hate trials in life, but I would hate other people's trials worse. So, I guess I could say that I'm "grateful" for my trials. Thankfully, our insurance is good and covers 100% of most of my visits to the chiropractor. Whew!!
Okay, I'm done venting for the day. Thanks for listening! :)
1 VISIT DOWN, 39 VISITS TO GO!!!!
Jane 23
5 months ago


13 comments:
Man Crissie! 40 visits? holy toledo! sorry! that does stink! hopefully you will be cured after that many visits. If you need help with your kids, I am here to help! I will even make you some soup if it can help you feel better!
OH my! I think I would be shocked as well. That is so crazy and such a huge time comitment as a mom. I just went to the dentist last week and blew the staff away with my TMJ "popping". I haven't had any headaches yet but they warned me that they will come at some point in my life. You are paving the way for me Crissie. :)
"Po-o-o-r Crissie"
Are you kidding? I would love to take all your visits. I miss chiropractic SOOO MUCHHH!
See if the adjustmets help you through cold season without getting sick and then we'll talk.
Poor Crissie is right! Yikes!! I'm so sorry! I'm glad insurance will cover the visits but still it is just a PAIN to go that often!! I wish I lived closer so I could be more helpful with babysitting!
"Poor, Poor Crissie" I hate going into the Chiropractor more than once a month. I can't imagine 4 time a week!
I wish I was there to have cute little Dallin come and play while you go to all of your appts! I have had alot of appts. too and was just complaining that I still have so many, even without having to go to the OBGYN. But you definitely have me beat! Are we getting so old that we can compare illness and ailments now? Ugh.
I'm sorry, girl! You need a laptop so you can update your blog while you're sitting in the waiting room every other day at your appointments! :) I hope these visits help, and that you get some relief!!!!
Well, put me on the babysitting list! You're SO lucky Dallin is so dang cute. :)
Wow Crissie! 4 times a week!!! You must be REALLY messed up! That scares me though because just today I was thinking that my "TMJ" seems to be getting worst as well. I knew this because I wasn't wanting to sing in the car because it hurt to much! Hopefully you and I don't have the same genes! Wish I was there to help visit! That's practically every week day! I'm so sorry. Good luck and I'll say a prayer for you!
Tara
I think the TMJ must be a Phelps thing, but yours sounds much worse than mine. Were you there a few years ago on Sunday night when I yawned and my jaw got locked wide open for like two hours? Good times.
I hope the chiropractor helps you, and that he's not just trying to pay for his family's Christmas by telling you to come in all the time. I do not trust chiropractors.
Nathan
The chiropractor is one doctor that I really look forward to going to! I was really upset when the insurance from my car accident stopped paying for it.
The chiropractor is one doctor that I really look forward to going to! I was really upset when the insurance from my car accident stopped paying for it.
OH MY GOSH!
I think I would cry if a doctor told me I had to come in ONCE a week....4 times? That is INSANE!
I am SO GLAD this TMJ stuff is a PHELPS thing and not a FERRIN thing!
Count my blessings!
Talking of blessings....can't wait for Thursday...hope to see all of your family!
Post a Comment