Cassie, Rinsley (niece), Parker and Dallin
I'm not as good as my Mom in making treats for neighbors, but we do carry on the tradition of treats by the front door for our own kids. The kids get real into it and do the same for us. We seem to have many doorbell rings throughout the day. This year, Dallin was old enough to catch on to the tradition. At one point in the day, we heard the doorbell ring. Stan answered the door to find a “Valentine’s gift” from Dallin. He had left a bag of rocks by the door! We then turned our heads to see Dallin darting through the back door yelling, “It’s for you Dad! It’s for you!!” A few minutes later, the doorbell rang again. Lo and behold, another bag of rocks. Dallin once again darted through the back door yelling, “It’s for you Mom! It’s for you!” It was the cutest thing. He was so proud of his Valentine’s gift to us.
The kids and their Valentine gifts from us.
I made chocolate covered strawberries, pretzals and marshmallows for Stan. Thankfully he shared!
The beautiful flower arrangement Stan gave to me. I like roses, but I love the variety of flowers so much more.


4 comments:
So cute. Will you make chocolate covered strawberries for me? :)
Such fun memories & traditions! I love your blog =)
what a great valentines day for your cute family! i love all your traditions and memories too!
Love the rocks. You should write it up and submitt it to a church magazine. So cute.
Post a Comment