Last week we attended the Mesa LDS Easter Pageant. The pageant is held on the front lawn of the Temple grounds and is the largest Easter Pageant in the world. About 100,000 people come to see it every year. The Easter Pageant is near and dear to my heart. My Uncle was the first official director of the pageant. I had the opportunity to be in the pageant, along with my Dad and some of my siblings for a few years. It was such a neat experience! This year, we attended the full run through Dress Rehearsal which was SO great!! We had a GREAT seat. It was so much less crowded than the other performance nights. It was so nice to be up so close. 
What made this night even better was that the usual Anti-Mormon protesters weren’t there like they usually are on the other performance nights. Isn’t it so ironic that people who consider themselves Christians bash other religions? What’s Christian about that? Even more ironic is that they try to convince those attending the pageant that Mormons aren’t Christian. Hmmmm…….here the church is presenting a beautiful pageant depicting and celebrating the life and resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ as told in the New Testament, and the anti-mormons are trying to convince others that we aren’t Christian. Doesn’t quite make sense.
Here are some beautiful pictures from previous years that I found on facebook.

I think that one of the reasons why some don’t consider our church to be a Christian religion is because we differ from other Christian religions in our belief about the nature of the Godhead. We don’t believe in the Trinity-the idea that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are all one person. We believe, as the Bible teaches, that God the Eternal Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit are 3 distinct and separate persons. They are not 3 persons combined in One substance, but they are instead 3 separate beings who are One (or united) in purpose, doctrine, and mission. I know this to be true. How grateful I am for my Savior Jesus Christ and for the sacrifices that He made for both you and me.
For more on LDS views of the Godhead:
3 comments:
This looks like a good time. AND, it really struck me how cute Cassie looks in glasses. She is absolutely adorable. I hope she doesn't feel self conscious in them.
Beautiful pictures you found! I've never been to the pageant and am even more excited to go now! Thanks for sharing your experience!
Those are really beautiful pictures Crissie! I have to say that I am appalled that there would be protesters at any such event. That just seems so ridiculous to me. Sometimes I really wonder about our fellow human beings!
Post a Comment