Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Arrow of Light

Parker received his Arrow of Light award in Cub Scouts tonight.  This is the highest award you can receive in Cub Scouts.  He now moves onto the Boy Scout program.  It seems like just yesterday that he was a cute little brand new 8 yr. old Cub Scout.  How time flies! We’re so proud of all his accomplishments in Cub Scouts. 

 

Here’s a picture of him when he was a brand new 8 year old Cub Scout.

IMG_0168

 

All grown up now! Parker and Brother Ayers who did a fantastic job as one of his Webelo leaders.

020

 

Receiving his awards

015

 

Saying goodbye to the Cub Scout program before he crosses the Arrow of Light Bridge

016

 

Getting ready to cross the Arrow of Light Bridge

017

 

Parker has been looking forward to the day when he could cross the bridge!

018

 

At the other end of the bridge he is welcomed by the 11 year old Boy Scouts.

019

Congratulations Parker!!

10 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

Congrats to Parker. I love the bridge. How cool!~

Loree said...

what a cool accomplishment for Praker! congrats to him. what a cool bridge too :)

Mrs.EBG said...

What a great accomplishment! Congrats, Parker! He looked so happy last night! :)

Wendy Phelps said...

Congrats to Parker. Have you gotten his Boy Scout shirt yet?

Anonymous said...

WAHOOO!!!!! Congrats!!! I should have come as my scout calling person to show my support, *wink* I didn't know it was happening, sorry! Anyway, that's AWESOME!!!

Flip flop Queen! said...

Crissie, thank you for the comment on my blog. I was wondering if you could find out the email or address of that family. I would like to contact her in the near future. I read the stroy of the accident and hopefully she won't read any of the comments because they are really cruel. I just want her to know they are not alone and send my love and support.
Thanks,
Jen

Cherene said...

Congrats to Parker (and you)! Sorry I missed it. Looks like it went great. :)

Melody said...

Yeah, Parker! I think Parker might be one of the few kids I know who is somehow CUTER as an 11-yr.-old than he was as an 8-yr-old!
-Melody

Rachel M said...

It WAS just yesterday that he became a cub scout! How is he 11? Rude of him to grow up on me! Congrats on the Arrow of Light Parker:)

Melody said...

You are the best, Parker. You will be an awesome Boy Scout! Keep up the great work!

Matt