Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone.  I wish the holiday season would slow down a little! Our Thanksgiving morning began with the "Cheshire Chase" (a neighborhood 1 mile or 5k run) hosted by my brother in law Matt and sister Melody.  Stan took the kids and ran the 1 mile with them.  Unfortunately it ended badly when Stan and my nephew Grant tripped over each other.  In an effort to keep Grant from being hurt too badly, Stan took the brunt of the fall and landed hard on his ribs.  We don't know if he cracked a rib or just bruised them badly, but he's still in a lot of pain.  Poor guy. 

Once the kids and Stan got back from the run, we watched the Thanksgiving parade on television as we made pies and mashed potatoes.  Then it was off to Thanksgiving Dinner (lunch) at my parents house.  Stan and I are lucky enough to have both of our families living in town, so we alternate years.  Either way, it's always a big gathering. :) 

Here are some pictures of the fun day (Tara and Wendy…I stole some of your pictures.) :)

The Yummy Feast

thanksgiving 003[1]

 

100_0090[1]

 

 042

 

We always enjoy spending Thanksgiving with some of the Ferrin cousins.

041

 

Uncle Larry and my Dad

100_0112[1]

 

My mom and my Aunt Diana

100_0111[1]

 

My dad helping grandson Tanner eat his Thanksgiving dinner

044

 

My Aunt Diana and my mom sneaking some pie. :)

038

 

Ya...I caught you!

039

 

Parker going down the slide. Grammy and Papa’s swingset is the best!!

048

 

Dallin

058

 

Cassie

088

 

We stayed until about 5:00 and then headed home.  After a little nap we enjoyed a relaxing evening at home eating turkey leftovers while watching “Miracle on 34th Street”.  Christmas…here we come!

5 comments:

Loree said...

what a lovely thanksgiving you got to enjoy with your family! sorry about your hubby's ribs! OUCH! i hope he recovers quick! and that swingset and slide look AWESOMELY HUGE!!! I want to come play :) Happy thanksgiving you to! I am ready for christmas :)

Mom Roberts said...

I'm sorry Stan got hurt. That is never fun. Your pictures make me homesick. It so good to see how families have changed. Thanks for posting and letting us enjoy a little AZ.

Wendy Phelps said...

Bummer about Stan. I didn't hear him complain once. I have been guilty of photo stealing too, so I don't mind.

Heather said...

You had lots of people at your Thanskgiving! How fun! Sorry about Stan. That's never fun!

Alicia Phelps said...

I'm glad we got to have you with us this year! Your post and pictures really captured the fun spirit of the day. I had no idea about Stan's fall. I hope he feels better soon.