Tuesday, December 1, 2009

20 years ago...

20 Years ago tonight, Stan and I met for the first time and had our first date! Really?? 20 years?? How could that possibly be? We met when I was 19 which means that I have known him longer than I haven't know him. :)  What a great night December 1, 1989 was! I enjoyed being with him so much that night, but I was positive that I would never hear from him again!  Much to my surprise, he called me the very next morning and we went out again that night.  We have a fun "how we met" story.  I posted it last year.  If you missed it, click  HERE.

Stan doesn't usually remember the Anniversary of when we met, so I get to remind him by surprising him with a KFC dinner every December 1st (we had KFC the night we met).  It's a fun tradition.  In the last 20 years, I think that there was only one year where both of us forgot until a few days later.  Well, this year the tables were turned.  I completely forgot and Stan didn't! He actually remembered and was expecting KFC for dinner.  When he saw that I was about to fix dinner he whispered in my ear, "By the way, Happy Anniversary! "  I couldn't believe that I forgot! I'm glad that he caught me before I started making dinner so I could still run and get KFC.  I didn't get to set up a candlelight dinner like I usually do, but we at least got our KFC. :)  How lucky I am to have met Stan 20 years ago tonight!! It was definitely meant to be! I love you Babe!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a cute story! Fun to hear about how you 2 fell in love! What a good reminder to keep that fire burning!

Loree said...

you are so cute Crissie! I loved your story and remember it from last year! :) I am soo happy you got your KFC! what a fun tradition:)

Cherene said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary of that very important day! :)

Shelly Beutler said...

I LOVE you guys!!! You are a wonderful pair and I am so happy for your happiness together!