Rather than spending $ on the school carnival last Friday, we decided to forego the carnival and have a
“Free Fun Friday Night”. After meeting me at my chiropractor’s office, and leaving the Sentra there, we headed off in the van to Chandler Fashion Mall to visit a mobile museum which featured artifacts recovered from the
Titanic. After waiting in line for an hour (I guess this was to be expected considering that it was a
Free event), we were able to walk through the museum and experience the story of the Titanic. Before entering the museum, we each received a
boarding pass which named a real person that sailed on the Titanic. It summarized who they were and why they were sailing on the Titanic. It was interesting to read their stories. At the end of the museum, we were able to look at the list to see if “we”(the person on the pass) were among the survivors. 4 out of 5 of us survived. Dallin was the only one that didn’t survive. :( I can’t even imagine what it must have really been like for the passengers of the Titanic. What a horrific experience!
The kids really enjoyed the museum. Every family (person) that came through the museum received a
free picture with the "Captain" of the Titanic. The Captain was such a nice man!

After the museum we took the kids report cards to
Krispy Kreme and got a dozen
Free donuts. Usually your only option is glazed, but we were surprised when he said we could choose the kinds we wanted!! We were so excited about that! He must have been new. :)
We headed home to then watch the movie "Bolt" which the kids got from the Easter Bunny. As the garage door lifted up, Stan and I both looked at each other and yelled, "Oh No!!!" We both realized at the same time that we forgot to drop by the chiropractor's office to pick up the Sentra. Oh my goodness! So, we sent the kids in to watch "Bolt", and Stan and I made our way back to Country Club and Baseline. Oh well. So, besides the $ spent on gas :) we enjoyed our Free Fun Friday Night.
7 comments:
HOW FUN!!!! I wish we had known about the Titanic museum- that would have been so cool. We rented "Bolt" over the weekend and loved it, as well as "Bedtime Stories." So good. So do the kids have to have certain grades to get a free dozen doughnuts?
that does sound like fun! i wish i would have saved my $ and bypassed the carnival... you didn;t miss ANYTHING!!! good times with the family :)
My kids would have LOVED the Titanic museum. That's awesome that you guys got to go. It sounds like it was put on really well. Do you remember the name of the Krispy Kreme worker who gave you your free mixed dozen. I need to ask for him next time I go in. :)
You get 1 free donut for every "A" on your report card.
Ya, Loree is right you didn't miss much at the carnival! What a fun family night though! I didn't know that about Krispy Kreme, and I don't think I want to know that! lol.
Glad you guys had a good night!
Garrett would have LOVED the Titanic museum! He is slightly obsessed! I miss having you around for good tips i,e, free family fun night. You guys are such fun parents and I think the cool thing is that your kids kinda realize how fun you are. Miss you guys!
Okay, you have got to remind me about that Krispy Kreme donut thing-- I always forget!! It makes me mad to think of all the donuts we've missed out on! :)
Post a Comment