Believe it or not, Cassie turned 16 on November 8th! How could this possibly be?? How could my sweet little girl be all grown up already…and going on her first date??? I never imagined that this day would come so fast.
Cassie was so excited when her friend Sam asked her out on the day of her 16th birthday. The date was planned for Friday, November 11th (11-11-11). When Sam came to pick her up later in the afternoon, we invited him in and sat him down. Sam was a little surprised that Stan didn’t have a shot gun in hand. :) If you know Stan, you know that he doesn’t need a shot gun to intimidate. Stan has his own secret weapon…talking…yep…talking…and a lot of it! If you’ve ever had a conversation with Stan, you know what I mean. :) Just ask my kids. They are very familiar with this secret weapon. Whenever they do something wrong, all Stan has to do is say, “Come here…let’s talk” and the kids cry out, “No Dad! Please!! I beg you…I’d rather take a beating!!” :)
Unfortunately for Sam, Stan didn’t hesitate to pull out his secret weapon on him. So here’s how it all went down:
Sam makes a good impression while politely listening to what Stan has to say.
After a little while, the conversation gets a little tense and Sam starts to bite his fingernails. At this point, Sam is wishing that Stan had brought out the shot gun instead.
Okay…the conversation starts to lighten up, but Sam realizes that this conversation isn’t going to end anytime soon and wisely sits back in his chair to get comfortable.
Ooops…maybe a little too comfortable. I don’t think Sam is listening anymore…I don’t blame him.
After waking Sam, all is well and he’s good and ready to leave on his date with Cassie. Poor Sam.
So if you’re feeling really bad for Sam right about now, don’t. Do you really think I would let Stan torture Cassie’s first date in such a way?? Not a chance!! Sam was a good sport and posed the pictures for us. What a guy!! :)
And off they go!!
Cassie had so much fun on her first date. They made homemade chicken noodle soup (impressive right??), played games, roasted marshmallows, and had a “dance party”. Sam was a gentleman the whole while.
So there you have it…Cassie’s first date!
Cassie and I ended the night by documenting the rare occurrence of the time being 11:11 on 11-11-11. Awesome!!


5 comments:
Hahaha! I don't know which emotion is stronger right now--relief or disappointment!! Glad Cassie had a fun time.
Ha Ha Haa Haa Haa!!!! I love it. Cassie, he is cute! Awesome first date. :0)
too cute! congrats cassie!
She is such a doll. What a perfect first date!
How fun for Cassie to have such a great first date!
Post a Comment