Sunday, November 20, 2011

“Sweet 16” Birthday Party

We held Cassie’s “Sweet 16” party at my parents’ home in their backyard…the perfect place for a party!  The kids entertained themselves with volleyball, tetherball, the swing set, trampoline, zipline and plenty of food.  Papa was a good sport and even let Cassie play music.  It’s not a teenage party without music right?? :)

We had the camera on night setting for the first 1/2 of the night, and for some reason they all turned out blurry.  I’ll include a few anyway.  Still cute.

029

037

019

126

049

056

067

058

After a fun game of capture the flag, the kids played some games that really got them laughing.

073

I think their favorite was “Honey I love you, but I just can’t smile.”  It’s a game where the person who is “it” approaches someone and tries to get them to laugh before they can say “Honey I love you, but I just can’t smile” 3 times.  Hilarious!

090

105

096

I think all would agree that Cassie was the hardest to break. Even when she was a little girl, Stan would have “no smiling” contests with her and she almost always won.  Sorry Trent…not a chance. 

092

Nice try on the push-ups Sam.

098

Landon finally broke her and made her laugh.

108

118

130

112

What a great group of teenagers!  They were a really fun group. There ended up being some other events that conflicted with Cassie’s party, so there were a lot of people that weren’t able to make it, but the group of 25 ended up being the perfect size group.  It was a fun and memorable night for Cassie. 

When we returned home after 11 p.m. that night, this is what we found…

003

Whoever the culprits are, they did a masterful job.  Nobody will fess up to it and Cassie is still trying to figure out who did it. Smile 

004

008

Oh to be a teenager again…

3 comments:

Cluff Family said...

That looks like such a fun party. I LOVE your Cassie! She is an amazing girl and I am so glad to have her in my sunday school class.

Sharla Jordan said...

Love it! So cool!

chaos said...

looks like fun! i think your parents live near my cousin and shaelan's pre-school teacher, that giant slide looks familiar. :) cassie sure looked cute up there today w/the bishop! hee hee.