Monday, October 11, 2010

Finally…The First Day of School

Okay so ya, I’m finally posting first day of school photos.  You would think that l would have more time to keep up on my blog now that all 3 of my kids are in school, but for some reason, life is just as busy as ever.  So, here they are…1st day of school pictures.

Awww…what a cutie pie! Dallin’s first day of Kindergarten!

002

My handsome Parker boy all ready for his first day of 6th grade.

005

Cassie all dolled up for her first day as a Freshman in High School!!!! I just can’t believe my oldest is in High School!

008

My 3 kiddos anxious to get the show on the road!

006

 

And there he goes! My baby is off to All-day Kindergarten!!

014

I have to admit that I had been dreading this day for a while.  The day when I would have to send my youngest to Kindergarten.  I never wanted this day to come.  I went home and cried.  The house was so strangely quiet.  That first day was a bit of an adjustment, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t like it at all. :)  I really did enjoy that time to myself to get things done.  It has been 2 months since school started and it’s my new normal now.

So now the big question I know everyone has for me is, “SO WHAT DO YOU DO ALL DAY???”  When Stan got home from work that first day of school he looked at me and said, “I noticed that all the bon-bons are gone.”   Ha Ha! I did have to laugh at that one. :)  So, what DO I do all day? Well…I clean the house, do the laundry, grocery shop, run errands, go to Dr. appts., volunteer at the school, organize, figure out what’s for dinner, do church volunteer work, work on finances, exercise…c’mon Crissie let’s be honest…okay fine…I’ve only exercised 3 times since school started.  But I am determined to do better! :) Anyway, you get the picture.  Basically, I do all the same things that you Stay at Home Moms do in a day…I just have less distractions for part of the day.  It’s definitely nice having less distractions.  However, I still find that I struggle to get all the things done that need to get done in a day.  I think part of the reason for that is my kids are getting older, which means busier schedules. Our afternoons and evenings have become really hectic.  Therefore, I have to manage to get everything done that needs to be done in the mornings.  And the mornings go by A LOT quicker than I thought it would.  I imagined that I would be able to get started on projects that have been on my “to do” list for years now.  So far that hasn’t happened.  Maybe someday.  And maybe even one of these days, I might actually go out on a limb and sit and watch a show and maybe eat a bon-bon or two while the kids are in school!! I look forward to that day…if it ever comes around!!

4 comments:

MOM & DAD said...

Oh, all the realities of life!!!!!
You might enjoy reading on page 97 of the Hancock - Richards I printed (blue cover). The story "Moving Mountains and Making Miricles" will give you some new ways to tell others what you do all day.
Enjoy this new phase of your life. It will go by fast!!!

Sharla Jordan said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing :0)

Wendy Phelps said...

i know what you mean! I am looking forward to Abby starting Kindergarten. It just means i will get more done in a shorter amount of time, without worrying whether or not i let her sit in front of the tv too long or how many toys am I going to have to pick up. I am also looking forward to going back to school. Your kids are so adorable! Cassie is beautiful. She really does look like Taylor Swift. They sure grow up fast!

Susanne said...

Thanks for the insight, Crissie. Now I won't make the mistake of expecting to do more than usual when Luke starts school.