Monday, October 18, 2010

Groom Creek Family Vacation

During October break we took the kids to the Roberts Cabin in Groom Creek (near Prescott).  We love this place and feel blessed to have it available to us on occasion.  The weather was perfect and we really enjoyed our time together as a family. 

003

On Sunday, we drove down to one of the cemeteries in Prescott.  I love visiting cemeteries.  They are fascinating to me.  I love looking at all the headstones and calculating how old they were when they died.  It’s interesting to think about these people who lived and died and wonder who they were, what they looked like and what kind of lives they lived.  Sometimes my heart aches as I look at the headstones.  My heart aches for the parents who had to bury a child, and in some cases more than one child.  My heart aches for the husband or wife who had to bury their spouse and go on living without them for many, many years.  My heart aches for the children who had to bury their young mother or father.  So many people with so many different stories. There was such a variety of headstones from the fancy & sturdy headstones to a slab of concrete with the name probably carved with a stick, to the headstones which were broken and not even legible any more.  It’s all very interesting to me.

A cool tree at the cemetery

068

It’s SO nice to have a little neighborhood park just down the street from the cabin.

010

012

 

We have so much fun taking walks around the neighborhood and taking a different route each time. 

024

028

 

Stan took the boys fishing a couple of times, but not a single catch! 016

019  030 

A couple of pictures the kids took.

046

047 

We had a great time playing games. 

082

Dallin played Monopoly for the very first time.  I kept hearing him say, “When is this game EVER going to end?? After about 2 hours of playing he had had it! He called it quits and walked away.  Parker said, “Okay then, that means I won”.  Dallin replied, “Fine with me!!” :) Considering his competitive nature, I was a little surprised that he was okay with Parker “winning”, but I don’t blame him! I don’t think I’ve ever finished a game of monopoly in my life. :)

069

 

We taught Cassie how to play my favorite card game…Rummy.  I have so many fond memories of playing Rummy with my Grandma Phelps.

074

 

We love going on picnics to Goldwater lake.

078

080

084

087 

089

090

107 112

I love my family! The time we were able to spend together is definitely priceless!!

1 comment:

MOM & DAD said...

Crissie,
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. A happy family is priceless!!! We too are thankful that the cabin is still available for use by any of the family. We sure love all of your family!!!