Monday, October 25, 2010

Time Out For Women!!

This last weekend, I had the opportunity to attend the LDS women’s conference “Time Out for Women” with my sisters.  This was my very first time attending. Every year that it comes up, I want so badly to go, but it has never worked out until this year.  It made it even all the more fun going with sisters.  We had SO much fun! Because it was in Phoenix, we decided to get a hotel room for the night so that we didn’t have to drive back home Friday night just to have to come back Saturday morning.  I so enjoyed spending time with my sisters…going out to eat, staying up late talking, and just experiencing the spirit of the whole conference with people I love.

Here I am with my sister in law Tara, and sisters Melody, Star, and Merilana.  We missed my Mom and the rest of my sisters/sisters in law…maybe next year we’ll all be able to go!   

001

The whole conference was an amazing experience. All of the speakers were wonderful! I would have to say that this was one of the most spiritually uplifting events I’ve ever been to.  I learned so much.  I wish that I could go back and listen to all the speakers again.  The Theme of the conference was “We Hope All Things”.  Here are a few of the notes that I took:

*If we are to be successful, we have to get out of the business of comparing.  Comparing ourselves to others is meaningless.  It is the fast track to misery.

*Celebrate our own growth and celebrate it in each other.

*If we could remember even a little of our pre-mortal life with God, our perspective of life here on earth would be forever changed…our problems wouldn’t seem so much like problems anymore.

*We should do things for an audience of One (Heavenly Father).

*The Lord knows who we are and where we are.

*Make a choice each day.  Choose to be happy or choose to be miserable.

*Who’s influencing you?? The World or the Lord?

*Discouragement is one of Satan’s greatest tools.

*God does not want us to feel inadequate.  He doesn’t want us to feel like we have to be perfect.  God is pleased with every effort we make.  He accepts any offering.  He’s much more interested in the offerer than the offering.  Women always feel like they have to climb the mountain…today…by 2:30. :)  God is more interested in the mountain climber…even if we are just half way.

*God doesn’t love us because we are good.  He loves us because He is good.

*Where there’s Christ…there’s hope!

004

Can’t wait for next year!!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Let me know when it is next year. I never hear about these things.